How To Use The Plan
Using the Legal Resources Plan is easy.
Here's how it works:
- Enroll in the Legal Resources Plan through your employer during open enrollment. Many employers use our online enrollment option, enroll through their own company "intranets" or use a paper enrollment form we provide to the employer.
- Prior to your effective date of coverage, you will receive a packet in the mail with your membership card and your plan contract. Your member card will include contact information for your selected law firm.
- Anytime you need legal services, call your law firm directly to set up an appointment.
- You can also call our Member Services Department to speak with a certified paralegal to answer a coverage or law firm question.
- You now have a law firm on "retainer" for all your expected and unexpected legal needs. Call them any time you have a legal need, from a simple legal question or some advice on an issue, all the way to courtroom representation.
If you did not select a law firm during enrollment, which happens occasionally because of the enrollment process for certain groups, a highly rated law firm close to your zip code will be automatically assigned to you by Member Services. In this situation, if you would prefer to select a different Direct Access Network Law Firm, please call our Member Services Department to request the change.